Wednesday, February 14, 2007

So far...

Not such a lovey-dovey day. My husband has not bought me a present, or a card, or done anything. (I bought his present yesterday, and presented it to him this morning in bed.) I spent the entire day at the rink supervising family skating day, and later the hockey tournament. He worked from home all afternoon, and the last thing I said to him was, "Can you take something out for dinner and get it started so when I come home with the kids and we're all tired, we can eat right away?"

Came home, and nothing is here, no food, nothing taken out. Exhausted children are starting their homework. Husband nowhere to be found.

He has 5 hours and 48 minutes to redeem himself for V-Day, and I'll never forgive him for the dinner not being ready.

I'm going to call for takeout right now...I'm also thinking I might propose marriage to my cleaning lady.

At least she came through today. I seriously love her.

5 hours, and 45 minutes and counting....

7 comments:

  1. Oh no, I'm sorry. That is simply rotten.

    You know, I was never that fond of Valentine's Day, I find all this compressed, enforced loving a bit silly. Plus, 2 years ago today I received the news that Uzi's body had been found, so that was that for V.day really.

    But everyone who at least marginally cares abt it should have as wonderful a day as possible, and yours sucks so far, and I'm sorry. I hope husband redeems himself in the end. I'm available to help, I know where to get an emasculator, remember? Why ruin someone else's perfectly and possibly lovely Valentine's Day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grrrr. Let me at him.

    BUT, perhaps he is out picking up your gift as I type this. Oh, I hope, I hope, I hope.

    In case not, I am sending lots of warm and fuzzy, lovey-dovey thoughts in your direction.

    What did we do for V-day? Absolutely nothing. I laid around nursing my nausea, and Husband played computer games. Tried to convince him to walk 5 miles in the 16 inch snow drifts to buy me some Saltines, but no dice. Erp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope he clues in quickly. Men.

    Happy Valentine's Day, Aurelia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooohhhhh, I hope he came thru for you in the end!

    No dinner! How rude.

    Happy Valentines from me at least!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If he starts yelping in the middle of the night, it's me sticking pins into this little voodoo doll I've made for the occasion...

    p.s. I hope the cleaning lady said "yes."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, not fair! You deserve chocs and a card and dinner ready at the very least! Men are just totally useless sometimes. Hope he has redeemed himself by now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's exactly why J. and I don't even try to celebrate Valentine's Day anymore--it always ends up in an argument, or someone letting the other one down...it's just too much pressure.

    Since it sounds like you guys DO celebrate it, however, then I don't blame you for being irritated, and I would definitely be pissed about the dinner. I hate it when you ask for ONE THING and they can't even manage that.

    I hope the day improved after your post and that hubby managed to redeem himself in some way. Or that the cleaning lady said yes!

    ReplyDelete