Thursday, December 20, 2007

I'm out of titles....so there are some things you guys don't know. Basically, I've been through some traumatic things in the past, and that amnio reignited them, more than a bit. So if my reaction seems a bit much, that's why. And no I can't write about it all out here, even here. So you'll just have to trust me that it's a big deal.

My GP, the lovely Dr.J. and I spoke on the phone today and she gave me some good advice on how to explain some of this to him. And if I can't get through to him, then she will speak to him. Knowing there is a plan, helps me cope a little more.

Anyway, Friday morning is my first and hopefully last needed consult with Dr.Placenta, who will I hope tell me that all looks good and send me on my way. I'm sure he'll want to drive me crazy with more appointments, but I don't know that I feel like doing that. We'll see.

Tomorrow afternoon, the FiSH results will be available, and I will know if everything looks good. Provided the genetics counsellor calls me---and doesn't lose all my numbers---and knows what the heck they are doing when they read off the report.

Anyway, the Boys were both wonderful, absolutely perfect, completely lovely. Mac's music teacher keeps telling me that he has perfect pitch, I can't tell, I just know he looks cute! And makes me very very proud to be his Mom. And I swear, if one more person tells me how talented Kaz is at acting and public speaking, my head will swell just from being related to him.

I'll let you guys know what's up with the Fish and the placenta after I get all the news.

Edited for a reason...someone on another blog made an assumption about who the person was that I referred to above, and caused some google searches. They were incorrect---there is more than one writer at the school. Several in fact...next time please email, I'll be happy to confirm or deny, and then at least you would get the real story. ;)

5 comments:

  1. Little stars of the 'seasonal concert' - you must be so proud. They sound so sweet. Like I told you before, I attribute it all to the mothering.

    Miss OTT is a little unbelievable in her behaviour. So unclassy - but really what can we expect?

    Glad to hear you have a plan. It is fucking ridiculous how this goes on and on and on. Why don't they listen? This is one of the reasons I am having trouble giving up on my grievences of the last year. He, from what you have said, is even a decent guy but he didn't listen.
    Happy Fish and I hope the consult goes well, and is your last!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the concert was so lovely (despite the bad behavior). You're boys are something!

    I too am glad you have a plan, and hope that helps you cope with things. Looking forward to the Fish results for good news this holiday!

    Thanks too for bucking me up about things (I'm trying to hang in).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping for only good news for you tomorrow my love, thinking of you as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a tremendous relief! I'm so glad that everythng looks fine! Now go have a good time at your party :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad the concert was all that. With the exception of the Miss Better-Than-Everyone, of course. Beh. Feel sorry for her poor kid.

    ReplyDelete