Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!!!!

I have been running around and wrapping and fetching and working for the last three or four days, so I've been a little incommunicado sweeties.

Monday morning I met with my OB and we had a talk, and I managed to choke out an explanation of just why I needed him to listen to me when I try to tell him exactly what I need to cope like during my amnio, when I asked for painkiller. And do you know what?

He understood...completely, absolutely, totally. We agreed that I would try and write out some ideas for him so that he can meet my needs, and after that---he apologized for not listening to me, and asked for my forgiveness. And then he hugged me. He really really meant it.

In all the years that I have been seeing doctors, the only one who has ever ever apologized like this was my GP, Dr. J, and she has only ever misplaced paperwork or something minor like that. Not one other Doc has been humble like this, not the ones who let me down when my children died, not even the SOBs who almost killed me with too much fentanyl in recovery after my lap, have ever ever ever actually admitted to anything wrong, apologized, and asked for my forgiveness. I was so floored I almost cried right there in his office.

I think I'm in love!

So on that happy note, my lovely wonderful friends, I have to go and tidy some stuff up so that Christmas can arrive.

I know this is a hard season for some of you, and normally it would be for me, but after my Christmas Eve present from my OB, I'm feeling pretty darn happy. Maybe my life is going better, or maybe I'm just viewing it that way? I don't know, but I'm feeling pretty positive. Maybe hopeful?

What a strange sensation....

7 comments:

  1. That sounds heavenly! What a nice little Christmas gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You *do* sound positive and optimistic. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAAAY!!! I'm so glad your OB was understanding... and a hug from a doctor? He must be a pretty special OB!

    Merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad your talk with your OB went so well. He definitely sounds like a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good OB. Hoping you continue to feel optimistic all the way through 2008.

    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing is more reassuring than just feeling as if someone is listening.

    Congrats on the news of a BOY! How exciting. I'm sure the other two boys will enjoy ribbing him about being "Dinkypie" in a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I am so glad the OB was a mench. It's good to be able to feel this goo d about someone this important in your life. Hope the feeling lasts.

    ReplyDelete