Friday, May 09, 2008

Swell

I'm in Labour + Delivery triage, and I just thought I'd try out this mobile posting thing.

Basically that searing pain hurt so badly that my OB sent me in here. It's likely the baby kicked my ribs so hard that I have either cracked or bruised one.

We can't confirm that because I can't get an x-ray and an ultrasound wouldn't be definitive. But, gee whiz the resident agreed to give my tylenol! I am such a lucky girl!!!

Sigh...it is so hard not to roll my eyes sometimes....God grant me the strength....

Updated---the staff doc just ordered an US to double check my placenta and make sure that it isn't a placental tear causing the pain. (Which was my secret fear all along however unlikely.) Have I mentioned how much I love seeing real Docs instead of residents?

Pray for a broken rib people!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you don't mind that I am praying instead for a bruised rib!

    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it is a bruised rib. You have made it this far, the rest will be ok. It has to be.

    ReplyDelete