Monday, September 15, 2008

better, or maybe just less hungover

I normally don't drink very much and while I was pregnant drank nothing. Then I discovered that Julius got gas when I had a glass of wine and then breastfed him so that was out.

Well, then the little darling got some Zantac and I could drink a glass of wine sometimes in the evening while he slept calmly. I was like a grownup adult me!

Saturday night my husband and I went out with some friends, and had a great time and enjoyed ourselves. Too much. Very very sore head people. Very tired. The baby woke up several times and I had to get up at 6:30 am with him. And could not sleep in for a nap later: And the worst news of all:

WINE HAS CALORIES

I made this terrible discovery around the same time that I discovered that chocolate has calories.

Fuck shit damn I am bitter.

Oh and Krista has done me the favour of posting a good political post for the day, so I'll just link to her like the lazy chick that I am. My only addition: I have met Stephane Dion in person and spoken to him on the phone before. He is a good good person and he wouldn't be proposing the Green Shift plan if he wasn't sure it was a good idea. (And FWIW, my pro-business, corporate suit wearing husband thinks it's a good plan too.)

Harper on the other hand, well, my instincts say he's a creep. Like that guy in high school who stood just a little too close and breathed just a little too heavily and ended up hanging around the window to the girls' change room just a little too long. And all the women I know at school drop off agree, even the ones who like the Tories, say Harper is a bit off. Shuddersville....I know there should be policy reasons, blah blah blah, but honestly, my intuition is my best friend.

Except when it comes to diets of course...

Okay, I have to stop thinking about that guy. Quick, anyone know of anyone calorie-free wines out there?

1 comment:

  1. The person who invents calorie free wine will get my business!

    ReplyDelete