Friday, March 13, 2009

Yawn....

Am very tired now and amazed I got home. Always take a cab, even if your close friend says he'll give you a ride home, because even stone cold sober he might just be the world's worst driver! Wow--who knew?

Sigh...anyway I chatted with many nice people and had too many martinis with funky names. Am going to regret this when I try on bathing suits and shorts next week. I want to go away but I kind of wish I had another week to lose weight and get organized.

So I chatted with various staffers about the foster kids who died in care, (h/t Jade) and the various issues I get het up about like why aren't there any former foster kids or adoptees or birth parents on ANY Children's Aid Board of Directors in the province...and we'll see what happens with that.

Maybe nothing, but eh, can't hurt to moan about it can it, right?

I also introduced my lovely friends who gave me a ticket tonight to a whole load of cabinet ministers and staffers but sadly they left before I could really get them drinking and enjoying. Oh well...you know I always find it strange that people think you need money to have access. Meanwhile the most influential people I know are all just plain old volunteers who show up to knock on doors. Sure, maybe when the politician is Obama, but even he had a local campaign at one point, right?

So real people must have met him way back when, right?

Am going to try and digest the extremely over done well done tenderloin now. Oy. Blech.

Yawn.......

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you had a good time - also that you're FEELING BETTER!
    I'm overdue for my own alti-med post, but yadda yadda yadda - no time, no leisure...

    ReplyDelete